Ampthill Inspiring Music Centre
Ampthill Inspiring Music Centre’s base is Redbourne Upper School, Ampthill.
When is it open?
They offer activities on Saturday mornings and are open for 30 weeks per academic year:
- autumn term: 16 September to 2 December 2017
- spring term: 6 January 2018 to 24 March 2018
- summer term: 21 April to 14 July 2018
We schedule times around the academic year, but anyone can use a centre - they're open to people of all ages and standards, from beginner upwards, with a wide range of opportunities to develop musicianship and playing skills. For most people, music has its greatest impact when played with others.
9:30am to 10:10m
- Advanced Wind Group(DS) and 96 Grade 4+ - tutors are Hannah Meadows, Alex Barron and Chris Hodges
- Advanced String Group (R95) Grade 4+ - tutor is Janice Saxton
- Musical Explorations (R94) Elementary level - tutor is Peter Halliday
- Junior Music Beginner Ukuleles and voice in Practice Room 1 - tutor Chris Hodges
- Guitars in Practice Room 2 - tutor is Janice Saxton
10:10am to 10:50am
- Progress Wind Group (DS) Grade 1 to 3 - tutors are Hannah Meadows and Alex Barron
- Progress String Group (R95) Grade 1 to 3 - tutor is Janice Saxton
- Senior Theory (S94) Grade 3 to 5 - tutors are Peter Halliday and Holly Gregory
- Junior Music Recorders, Ocarinas and Voice in Practice Room 1 - tutor is Chris Hodges
10:50am to 11:10am
Break with refreshments. Tuck shop in the Drama Studio
11:10am to 11:50am
- Swing Band Grade 4 (DS) - tutors are Jon Kirton, Tim Ward and Alex Barron
- Musical Theatre (R96) Open Level - tutor is Chris Hodges
- Hand Chimes - tutor is Janice Saxton
11:50am to 12:30pm
- Concert Orchestra, Wind Sectional and Brass DS. Woodwind Practice Room 1 - tutors are Hannah Meadows, Tim Ward and Alex Barron
- Concert Orchestra String Sectional (R95) - tutor is Janice Saxton
- Concert Orchestra Percussion Sectional - tutor is Alex Barron
- Keyboard (95) - tutor is Chris Hodges
Joining a centre
You can visit an Inspiring Music Centre for a free session, have a look around, speak to the tutors, listen to the music and generally make sure you are comfortable with the set up, before signing up to join.
The gates are open from 9:15am allowing time for people to be dropped off and to park. There is ample parking in the playground at the school.
Where to go on arrival
If you are coming to the centre for the first time, please go to the main doors and then through to XX and then speak to a member of the Inspiring Music team who will show you around the venue and where the group sessions take place.
There is a break from 10:50am to 11:05am. In the break, there is a tuck shop and hot refreshments for parents and staff.
The coffee shop remains open from 10:50am through to 12:30pm, so parents can come and have a chat.
Who to contact
Telephone: 0300 300 6604