Teenage musicians looking to gain breakthrough orchestral experience and take their playing to the next level are being offered an amazing free opportunity.
NYO Inspire 2018 offers committed and passionate teenage musicians at grade 6 and above to work with National Youth Orchestra tutors and musicians and play alongside others in workshops, sectionals and full tutti rehearsals.
It’s a great opportunity to learn from the professionals – and also from your fellow teenage musicians in what is always a friendly and creative environment.
There are three upcoming NYO Inspire Ensembles next February – but you’ve only got until 9am on Monday, 23 October to book your place.
Fill out the online form at nyo.org.uk/inspire and you’ll find out what you’ve been allocated in December.
The ensembles, which all take place at the University of Liverpool, are:
- 10-12 February: Brass, percussion and string ensembles (horn, harp, trumpet, trombone, tuba, percussion, violin, viola, cello and double bass)
- 13-15 February 2018: String ensemble (violin, viola, cello, double bass)
- 16-18 February 2018: Wind and brass ensembles (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba)
There are also one-day NYO Inspire Day opportunities taking place in different locations next year.
These are immersive, one-day events of orchestral workshops and rehearsals and offer you the chance to play as a full 120-piece orchestra.
The events are:
- 29 April and 4 May 2018: London
- 22 July 2018: West Midlands
- 23 September 2018: Yorkshire
Again, you can book and find out more information at nyo.org.uk/inspire