Schools and teachers area
Music for each Key Stage
Other information for schools
Focus on Sound
Focus on Sound is a unique multimedia encyclopedia of instruments, terminology, composers and theory – with hundreds of listening tests and a broad range of structured lessons. There is particular emphasis on GCSE set works, though there are almost endless opportunities for KS3 project work as well.
Focus on Sound Pro edition (available from September) enables teachers to create content, listening tests and lessons using their own materials as well as the vast resources of Focus on Sound.
Key features of Focus on Sound and Focus on Sound Pro include:
- instant access to hundreds of videos, lessons, tests, quizzes, photos, recordings, music scores and YouTube links
- teachers can access test and quiz results for whole classes in 'real time'
- optional special display mode for whole class tests - use with large screens, whiteboards and smartboards
- runs in the browser on PCs, tablets and smartphones
- exceptional resources for exam boards
- cloud-based so accessible anywhere, anytime by teachers and students
You can take advantage of the 14 day trial to see how you might be able to use this with your students.
The full cost of an annual Pro 250 user licence for schools is £179.
But, we can offer you a discount of 40% by purchasing it through us so that you are able to access the full pro licence for £107.40.
A standard licence can be organised before the holidays and upgraded to Pro in September when it is available for the full 12 months allowing for planning over the summer.
There will also be a twilight INSET session on Wednesday 12 September, further details to follow.
Please contact us to purchase this great resource at firstname.lastname@example.org.