Schools and teachers area
Music for each Key Stage
Other information for schools
Whole class practical musicianship
This project is for children with additional needs in special and mainstream school settings in any key stage. It ensures that pupils have the opportunity to access music and to develop their skills and understanding as a musician.
Who is it for?
Every child in:
- Key Stage 1
- Key Stage 2
- Key Stage 3
What does it include?
A 50-60 minute session for groups of around 10 to 15 students per group, for 11 weeks per term supported by the class teacher.
- instrumental work
- ensemble performance
- music theory
Provision will be adapted to meet the needs of each school and includes a planning and evaluation session with the class teacher.
Using music technology and acoustic instruments, our dedicated Soundsmiths team creates a series of bespoke projects over the year to match the needs of the children involved and build on skills already gained.
What Will Inspiring Music Provide?
- specialist Music Tutor
- instruments/technology to use in each session
- music and practice sheet masters
- performance opportunities
- advice on curriculum links, development ideas, further resources and wider links
What does the school need to provide?
The school needs to provide:
- appropriate teaching space (use of the school hall required for instruments indicated with*)
- staff participation and classroom management support is essential
- whiteboard and sound system
- reproduction of practice sheets
- safe storage space and responsibility of care for Inspiring Music resources and instruments
How much does it cost?
£31 per session - 1 term is 11 sessions and costs £341. A whole year is 33 sessions - £1,023.
Please use booking code WCL02 when you make your booking.